Resolution to Honour BR Ambedkar introduced in the US House of Representatives
- The resolution was passed for the second consecutive year.
- It was 130th anniversary of Bhimrao Ambedkar.
Health ministry launched Aadhar Kranti mission
- Mission is dedicated to awareness regarding health and nutrition.
- Objective of the mission is to address the problem of hunger and diseases.
Online Grievance Management Portal” launched
- Ministry of Communication and IT launched the “Online Grievance Management Portal of National Commission for Scheduled Castes (NCSC)”.
- NCSC Grievance Management portal would make it easier for Scheduled Castes population of our country to register their complaint from any part of the country.
- The portal will enable them to file their application and other atrocity and services related grievances online and to get them addressed in a time bound manner.
- The portal designed in collaboration with the Bhaskaracharya Institute for Space Applications and Geoinformatics (BISAG-N), a Centre of Excellence under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India will facilitate an end-to-end e-filing of complaints and grievances and their tracking.
Amazon launches $250-million Venture Fund for Digitizing SMEs in India
- The e-commerce giant Amazon has launched a $250 million (Rs 1,873 crore) venture fund called “Amazon Smbhav Venture Fund”, to invest in Indian startups and entrepreneurs, with a focus on digitizing SMEs. The launch of the Amazon Smbhav Venture Fund aims to attract the best ideas and empower entrepreneurs in the country to partner in this vision.
- As a part of its first investment through the ‘Smbhav’ fund, Amazon invested in Gurugram-based M1xchange which connects SMEs with banks and financiers.
India ranks 49th in Inclusive Internet Index 2021
- The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), in partnership with Facebook, has released the Inclusive Internet Index 2021. India has been ranked at 49th spot globally. It shares its rank with Thailand.
- This index measures the extent to which the internet is available and affordable by region, and highlights additional insight into how people around the world are using the web.
- The ‘Inclusive Internet Index’ surveyed 120 countries, representing 98 per cent of global GDP and 96 per cent of the global population.
- Top 5 Countries: Sweden, United States, Spain, Australia and Hong Kong.
- The overall Index score is based on four parameters, which are: Availability, Affordability, Relevance and Readiness categories. The Inclusive Internet Index is commissioned by Facebook and developed by The Economist Intelligence Unit.
- Prime Minister of Haiti, Joseph Jouthe has resigned because of unrest in the country. Claude Joseph is the new prime minister of Haiti.
- Marathi film Puglya wins Best Foreign Feature at Moscow Film Fest
- World Voice Day: 16 April-The Day is a global annual event dedicated to recognizing the boundless limits of the human voice. The mission is to share the excitement of the voice phenomenon with people, scientists, and other funding bodies. The theme of 2021 is ONE WORLD|MANY VOICES.