Italy launched first mega food park project in India
- The mega food park project by Italy came up at Fanidhar in the Mehsana district of Gujarat.
- The project will boost more research and development in the sector alongwith a positive synergy between agriculture sector and industrial sector.
‘Khanjar’- The 8th Indo-Kyrgyz Special Forces Exercise
1.The 8th Indo-Kyrgyz Joint Special Forces Exercise “Khanjar” was inaugurated at Kyrgyz Republic in Bishkek– capital of Kyrgyzstan.
2. It was initiated in 2011
Ministry of Rural Development launched Gender Samvaad event
- It is a joint initiative between DAY-NRLM and IWWAGE.
- Objective of the Gender Samvaad event was to create awareness of gender-related interventions under the DAY-NRLM. DAY-NRLM is Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana National Rural Livelihood Mission.
- IWWAGE is Initiative for What Works to Advance Women and Girls in the Economy.
Railways to run ‘Oxygen Express’ trains via green corridors
- Oxygen Express’ trains will transport liquid medical oxygen and oxygen cylinders.
India’s GDP forecast for FY 2022 sees a downgrade
GDP forecasts by different agencies –
- JP Morgan- previous estimate 13.%, revised to 11%
- Nomura- previous estimate 13.5%, revised to 12.6%
- UBS – previous estimate 11.5%, revised to 10%
- Citi rese arch – previous estimate 12.5%, revised to 12%
RBL Bank Mastercard partner to offer first-of its-kind mobile-based consumer-friendly payment solution
1.RBL Bank and Mastercard have announced their partnership to launch a mobile-based consumer-friendly payment solution ‘Pay by Bank App’, a first-of-its-kind payment functionality in India.
2. RBL Bank account holders can now enjoy contactless transactions across the world through their mobile banking application both in-store and online.
- Adobe co-founder and PDF developer Charles Geschke passes away
- Former Footballer Ahmed Hussain Passes Away
- World Hemophilia Day: 17 April. This year is the 30th edition of World Haemophilia Day.The date was chosen in honour of the World Federation of Hemophilia founder Frank Schnabel birthday. theme for 2021 World Hemophilia Day is “Adapting to Change: Sustaining care in a new world”.
- World Heritage Day-18th April . Theme: “Complex Pasts: Diverse Futures” reflects on the need to acknowledge global calls for greater inclusion and recognition of diversity.
- World Liver Day -19th April
Science and technology
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has picked Elon Musk’s SpaceX for its Artemis programme, to develop the first commercial lander and take the next two US astronauts to the moon. SpaceX will develop a spacecraft ‘SpaceX Starship’ to land next to two US astronauts, including a women astronaut at the lunar south pole region, by 2024.
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is set to launch four astronauts to the International Space Station on World Earth Day (April 22). NASA is to launch the mission along with SpaceX. It is the second crewed operational flight of Crew Dragon Spacecraft.he mission will transport four scientists to the International Space Station. The astronauts to travel to the International Space Station are from NASA, JAXA and ESA. JAXA is the Japanese Space Agency and ESA is European Space Agency.
- Microsoft buys AI speech tech company Nuance for $19.7 billion
- 40th Scientific Expedition to Antarctica (40-ISEA) hosted by the Ministry of Earth Sciences successfully returned to Cape Town after completing a journey of about 12,000 nautical miles in 94 days, including stopovers.
Books and Awards
- PM released 4 books related to Babasaheb Ambedkar written by Kishor Makwana. The four books to be released by the prime minister are Dr Ambedkar Jivan Darshan, Dr Ambedkar Vyakti Darshan, Dr Ambedkar Rashtra Darshan, and Dr Ambedkar Aayam Darshan.
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull – Netherlands) won the Emilia Romagna F1 Grand Prix 2021, in Imola, Italy. he seven-time Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes-Great Britain) finished second.
- The 2021 Senior Asian Wrestling Championships was held from April 13 to 18, 2021 in Almaty, Kazakhstan. It was the 34th edition of the Asian Wrestling Championships. India won 14 medals to stand in the third spot on the medal table.
- Indi’as Mirabai Chanu set a new World Record in the women’s 49kg Clean and Jerk with a massive 119 kg lift at Asian Weightlifting Championships in Tashkent. The 26-year-old Indian won the bronze medal at the event. The gold medal went to Hou Zhihui of China