Startup India Seed Fund Scheme
1.The Fund aims to provide financial assistance to startups.
2. The government has approved Rs. 945 Crore corpus for the fund, which will be divided over the next 4 years.
3.he scheme is expected to support an estimated 3,600 startups through 300 incubators.
New Zealand Makes World’s 1st Climate Change Law For Financial Firms
- New Zealand is about to become the world’s first country to bring a law into force that demands environmental accountability from financial firms by asking them to report on how their businesses affect climate change.
- The aim is to bring the financial sector on board with the efforts being made towards achieving the country’s target of becoming carbon neutral by 2050.
- The New Zealand government first revealed its plans to compel the financial sector to make disclosures in September last year, informing that those unable to disclose would have to give explanations.
Punjab All Set to become ‘Har Ghar Jal’ State by 2022
1.Punjab has set up a well-equipped digital 24×7 call centre with Interactive Voice Responsive System.
2.Punjab has 34.73 lakh rural household, out of which 25.88 lakh (74.5%) have tap water supply.
RBI sets up committee to review working of ARCs
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has constituted a six-member panel to carry out a comprehensive review of the working of Asset Reconstruction Companies (ARCs) in the financial sector ecosystem.
- The panel will be headed by former Executive Director of RBI, Sudarshan Sen.
Henley Passport Index 2021
- The Henley Passport Index releases list which measures the world’s most travel-friendly passports. The index ranks the countries based on how strong their passport is.
- India stands at number 84 on the list, as the Indian citizens can visit Visa-Free or Visa-on-Arrival in over 58 places. Japan, Singapore and Germany, South Korea stand in Top 3 respectively.
LIC to tie up with Paytm to handle digital payments
- State-run Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has appointed Paytm to facilitate its digital payments.
- As LIC has witnessed an upsurge in e-payments following the COVID-19 pandemic, there was a need for anew deal as the majority of its payments have moved to digital modes.
- National Award-winning filmmaker Sumitra Bhave passed away
- Kannada writer Ganjam Venkatasubbiah passed away.
1.Monte Carlo 2021 Title– Stefanos Tsitsipas won.