New Zealand Makes World’s 1st Climate Change Law For Financial Firms
- The law demands environmental accountability from financial firms by asking them to report on how their businesses affect climate change.
- The aim is to bring the financial sector on board with the efforts being made towards achieving the country’s target of becoming carbon neutral by 2050.
France asked citizens to leave Pakistan
- Strong anti-French sentiments have been simmering in Pakistan for months, France has asked its citizens to leave Pakistan.
- Anti France protests in Pakistan has been in place since October 2020.
N501Y mutant stain
- After SARS-CoV-2 was first detected in Wuhan, China, in December 2019, many mutations have arisen. One of these mutations, called D614G, provided the mutant coronavirus a huge biological advantage to infect and spread. Today, this mutant variety — not the ancestral variety that was detected in Wuhan — is present in nearly every infected person.
- On the top of this D614G mutation, other mutations have arisen .For example, the E484K mutant variety of the coronavirus first detected in South Africa, on the top of the D614G mutation, enables the mutant to escape the antibodies that an infected person produces as a protective measure.
- In the wake of N501Y mutant, Hong kong, New Zealand banned passenger flights from India.
- Indo-Pacific Plan is set bu European Union to et out ways to deepen ties with countries such as India, Japan and Australia.
- It is led by France, Germany and Netherlands.
- It wants to use the nascent plan to show Beijing that it is against the spread of authoritarianism.
Sensex fell on account of sharp rise in Covid cases
- While Maharashtra has already announced a Janta curfew till May 1, even Rajasthan announced extension of weekend curfew for two weeks s the numbers rose. As other states are also considering more stringent measures there is a concern over the decline in economic activity and its impact on the recovery of the economy and GDP growth rates for FY’22.
- he continuing rise in Covid cases since beginning of March also had an impact on the industrial sentiment and India’s manufacturing sector activity weakened sharply in March, with the IHS Markit India Manufacturing Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) slipping to a seven-month low of 55.4 in March from 57.5 in February.
1.The Christmas Pig’: JK Rowling to release new children’s book in October
2. UN Chinese Language Day observed globally on 20 April